Healthy Living -- take the first step today!
Regardless of how big or small, each step you take and every healthy choice you make will have a positive impact on your health.
Being overweight is more than a fashion or appearance issue. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), obesity is rapidly overtaking smoking as the number one preventable cause of death in America. And it can lead to a number of major health issues:
- High blood pressure and heart disease
- Gallbladder disease, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea and some forms of cancer
- Diabetes (people who are overweight are twice as likely to develop this disease); 20.8 million children and adults -- 7 % of the population have diabetes, and that number is rising.
Some Healthy Choices
- Eat a well balanced diet which includes plenty of fruits of vegetables
- Watch your portion sizes
- Get active! Take a 30 minute walk after dinner or take a walk in the morning to start off your day
- If you smoke, take the steps to quit as soon as possible
- Get plenty of rest
The choices you make every day can have a big impact on your health and well-being. Start today!